Thursday, November 3, 2011

Becky & Me: Jumpstart video shoot (part 2)

"Don't talk when you drive away." That's what the videographer and the director told Becky and I when we drove away in the cute car. Problem was, I kept forgetting.

Jumpstart your relationship with God is a four-session Bible study geared to recharge your battery. We use a cool red Corvette for our theme. In the introduction video of both Jumpstart Bible studies, we drive away in the car. 

The intro video is an unscripted and unrehearsed two-minute attempt to introduce the study. It begins with Becky and me sitting and talking at a small bistro table. Then, we are supposed to walk to the car, get in, wave, and drive off -- all of this is to be done with no talking. 

But for some reason, I seem to forget. And what should be the quickest and easiest part of the video shoot turns out to require the most "takes." Now I have a bad reputation for being a Chatty-Cathy!

In January  we plan to videotape our third in the Jumpstart series. I PROMISE... there will be no talking--at least for the final take. (We'll see if I can keep that promise!)

P.S. If you're looking for a short Bible study to do at home or with friends, be sure to check out the free Jumpstart resources available on our website.

No comments:

Post a Comment