Sunday, November 13, 2011

my birthday

My birthday this week was wonderful! I think everyone should have a "Celebrate Me" day at least once a year. My husband apparently gets that, as you can see in the birthday card he gave me. Why do I think everyone should take a day to celebrate themselves? Because God celebrates you. Below are a few things that the Bible says about how valuable you are to God. After you read them, I hope you will, indeed, feel a reason to celebrate.
  • When you were born, God said that you were "very good." (Genesis 1:31 "God saw all that he had made, and it was very good.")
  • God rejoices over you. (Isaiah 62:5b "As a bridegroom rejoices over his bride, so will your God rejoice over you.") 
  • God knows everything about you including the number of hairs on your head and still loves you. (Jeremiah 31:3 "I have loved you with an everlasting love.")
  • God gave you the best gift ever -- His Son, Jesus, so that you can be with God forever. (Romans 3:23. 'For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."
  • God thinks you are valuable. ("...you are of more value than many sparrows. Matthew 10:31)
So, this week -- CELEBRATE -- even if it's not your birthday. God thinks you are worth celebrating. I do too.

Tell me how you celebrate the ways God loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment