Sunday, November 27, 2011

My OSU buddy, Cara

(me with my friend Cara in front of my all-time favorite pizza shop -- Hideaway Pizza, Stillwater, OK)


Cara didn't start out as my OSU buddy. We first met when Cara was in 9th grade. She participated in a Bible study that I led in my home. The Bible study began as a 10-week, one-time study. But Cara and a couple of other young ladies asked me to keep it going.

I didn't realize that the 10-week study would turn into a four year wild & wonderful journey! But along the way, I had the incredible privilege to get to know Cara. She is an amazing gal and I have learned a lot from her over the years.

Now she is in college at Oklahoma State University, my alma mater. Our friendship remains strong. I try to visit her at least once a year at college. And she stops by to see me during her breaks. I love having a friend that is twenty years younger than me. She keeps me hip (or at least I'd like to think I'm hip)!

To my other friends who might be reading this blog... be sure and have a lot of girlfriends. And equally as important, have friends that vary in age, size and personality! It will keep you young, wise, fun, serious, and well-rounded.

So thanks, Cara! I never thought that seven years ago we would have such a fun and great friendship all these years later.

No comments:

Post a Comment