Tuesday, November 22, 2011

What I'm not thankful for...



Squirrels. Some think they are cute and furry. I think they are pesky. My landscaper, Annika, made some beautiful fall arrangements for me. Well, the squirrels ate all my gourds and pumpkins. They love the flesh of my pumpkins but dislike the seeds. So I have pumpkin seeds all over the yard. Next year, I suspect that I will be mortified and humored when a pumpkin patch begins to grow all over my yard!

And not only that, when I went to the store to replace the eaten pumpkins, guess what? The store no longer sells pumpkins past mid-November. So, my beautiful Fall/Thanksgiving pots have been reduced to a few grasses, cabbage (squirrels don't like cabbage, but who does?) and a couple of pansies.

Next year, I'm putting out ceramic pumpkins in hopes that one of the squirrels might chip a tooth!

Happy Thanksgiving to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment