Monday, October 31, 2011

Tom Sawyer ballet at the Kauffman Center

It wasn't opening night, but it was the first ballet performance at the new Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts . It was amazing--the Center is beautiful. The ballet performance of Tom Sawyer was entertaining. But the best  part of the evening was that I had the opportunity to experience it with my niece, Colby, who is my brother's youngest daughter. Although I love having a son, I sometimes miss the chance to do "stuff" with girls.

So it was great that Colby, who is in college, was on fall break. With my husband Steve out of town, it was a perfect chance to do girl stuff all weekend. And we did. We dined out, attended the ballet, and shopped the Holiday Mart. Girl, it was fun! Colby is one of the easiest going people I know and she is so fun to be around.

When I hang around with Colby, there are several things she always makes me remember about life:
1. Sometimes you just have to go with the flow -- and that's really okay.
2. People do matter.
3. Neat, clean and organized are good things.
4. Quality time is a must.
5. Dr. Pepper is the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment