Tuesday, October 4, 2011

My friend Betty

Several years ago, I had the good fortune to meet Betty. She is one of the "more-wonderful" people I know -- never unkind and always looks to the bright side of life. Betty is one of those people that makes you feel better about yourself just by hanging around her. What I love about Betty is that she lives her life in a way that honors the Lord, and therefore, honors others. I want to be more like Betty.

The other day, I stopped by Betty's office. If you look around, it won't take long to learn where Betty gets her inspiration. She has Psalm 23 taped to the wall above her computer. Next to her computer rest two old books. I asked Betty what those books were. She told me, "One is the New Testament. The other is a book on thanksgiving and praise." She commented that the content in these two books have the ability to carry her through any situation that may happen in a day.

What's in your workspace? Is it inspirational? Helpful? When others look at your desk or kitchen, do they see Jesus somehow? This week, be like Betty. Put a small Bible or devotional book where it is readily available -- and then use it.

P.S.I would love to hear what kinds of tools you use to help you throughout your day! And did you know that you can read the Bible online, or on your phone? Check it out!

2 comments:

  1. I love the devotional "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young. It was a gift from a friend, and I've since given several copies as gifts, too. It's a great way to start my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few years ago a friend gave me a pocket cross. Instead of carrying it in my pocket, where it would inevitably wind up in the washing machine, I put it on my kitchen windowsill. As I look at that cross multiple times each day, I'm reminded of the great sacrifice that Jesus made for me.

    ReplyDelete