Wednesday, May 2, 2012

May Day, Panera and Lorraine

May Day is one of my favorite days of the year. So, when my friend Char and I chose to have breakfast at Panera on May 1, I decided to "May Day" her -- I brought her flowers.  When I walked in the restaurant with the flowers, Char smiled and said, "It's May Day." This is one of the things I love about Char; she "gets" me. It seems like we enjoy celebrating the same things.

We placed the bouquet on the table and proceeded to enjoy our time together. That's when we met Lorraine. Lorraine works as a hostess at Panera. She greets people, takes plates away when customers are finished with their meals, and refills drinks. 

But mostly, Lorraine blesses people. When she noticed the flowers, Lorraine stopped at our table and wished us a happy May Day. We struck up a conversation and in no time at all, the three of us were friends. As we visited with Lorraine, she shared her story with us. It's amazing, and if you want to know more, you will just have to visit the Panera at College and Metcalf and ask her yourself. 

But here's what I want to share with you about Lorraine. She truly lives a wild and wonderful life. Here's how: She believes her job is a ministry to share God with others. She's not pushy, she's genuine. Here's what Lorraine told us, "Every face I meet gives me the chance to bless people." And it worked. Char and I were totally blessed by meeting Lorraine. 

Before long, it was time to go. Lorraine hugged and kissed us good bye and told us we were beautiful. Wow. 

Blessed, we reluctantly walked to our cars, and wondered--how were we so lucky to meet Lorraine at Panera on May Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment