Saturday, December 31, 2011

My favorite things (part 3)


Spending time with my son, Jack is (of course) a favorite thing. When he comes home from college, for a long break, we are always looking for something new and interesting to do. 

So this break, Jack and I took the four-hour road trip to a St. Louis and attended a Blues hockey game. We had "on-the-glass seats" which means the only thing between us and the hockey players was, well, plexiglass. It was exhilarating. Being so close to the ice, we felt like we were part of the game, and we could even see the facial expressions of the players. 

Once it was scary. I was looking away while two players dove for a hockey puck right in front of us. My heart stopped for a second as the two guys plowed into the glass in front of me. After I regrouped, I quickly became part of the game again and didn't look away anymore.

I don't know if I am about to become a life-long hockey fan, but for this night with my son, it was one of my favorite things.

1 comment: