Monday, January 16, 2012

Creating the new normal (part 2)

Freedom of the Seas. What a perfect name for a boat when you are trying to create the "new normal."

Freedom. Walking from dry land onto a gigantic cruiser was a little like "crossing over" into freedom. Here are a few reasons why a cruise at Christmas and Freedom of the Seas made me feel that way:
  • Freedom to put away all the busyness and yes, crazy customs of Christmas and simply focus on the main Person of Christmas
  • Freedom to spend less money and more time on the people in my life
  • Freedom from worrying if I will have enough food for all the meals (the cruise ship had plenty!)
  • Freedom to risk changing traditions, and then to discover that Christmas still came
  • Freedom to know that God loved me no less and no more because of my "new normal"

Thank you, Lord, for letting me take a cruise that reminds me of You.

"Now the Lord is Spirit, and where the Spirit is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17

No comments:

Post a Comment